I married my husband at the age of twenty-two.
I married young because there were two lives that needed to be meshed together for eternity. His and mine. I did not want to miss another minute of his life and he did not want to miss another one of mine. Listed below are ten what I think perks of getting married at such a young age.
- My search for Mr. Right is over.
- I get to skip the terrible years of dating those that just do not fit the part. My heart does not have to break every few months with a fall out of someone that never really mattered. My memories are only filled with one really great guy. I found my Mr. Right early on and now I can focus on the other important parts of life with him.
- Friday nights are easy.
- Being in love with your best friend allows you to have the time of your life while staying in and eating ice cream for dinner or going for a night out in town. Yes, we can still have an enjoyable time at a bar on a Friday night. That can happen. Some will say that I am missing out on life for getting married young but those same people are out looking for what I already have.
- I get to grow up with him.
- We entered adulthood together with the ultimate commitment. We are learning about each other while still finding out about ourselves and because of this we will only be more in sync with each other. Every single milestone and achievement will be gone through together with our hands intertwined. We get to work together to be the best kind of people for each other.
- I learned how to be beautiful.
- I see myself through the eyes of someone that loves me with all his heart. I have learned how to be comfortable in my own skin. I do not have to worry about always being put together because I have someone that will tell me that I am gorgeous when I’m on three hours of sleep with smeared makeup and messy hair.
- Our marriage is our routine.
- He is all that I know of. There are no previous marriages or prior commitments to work around. We did not have other routines that needed to be adjusted to make room for each other. It was just and always will be me and him. We create our own little routine that will work for our marriage with ease.
- There are no secrets.
- Knowing someone for ten years allows you to know almost everything about that person. There is no surprise popping up six months into your marriage to throw you off. We did not have the time to go out and do stupid stuff that we would not want to bring into a marriage. There is nothing to hide. I know exactly the kind of person that I have chosen to marry. So, when they try to say that they used to work at a zoo you can stop them in their tracks because you know that they worked at the restaurant at the zoo.
- I learned how to enjoy the little things.
- Getting married early you learn that love is not a rom-com and extravagant things do not happen on the daily. Because of this I have gained an appreciation for the little things. I have my person to sing my girly songs with during our car rides and someone to dance with me barefoot in the kitchen as we wait for the water to boil. He does not come home with flowers weekly but will pull over the car and pick me a rose from the rose fields every time we pass one.
- I have gained the strongest support system
- We both have schooling to get through and job opportunities to climb so as twenty something year olds we could use a support system like marriage. When I come home late at night stressed out from school or when he comes home stressed from work we are their at home waiting for each other. Going through life’s challenges are a lot easier with someone you love by your side. In the worst times and the good times we will always have each other.
- I started my life with him at twenty two.
- Just being married regardless of age comes plenty of responsibilities. But they come rushing at you when you get married young. At such young age you learn how to put someone before you and how to take care of your home. From buying decent furniture to making sure there is dinner served every night. Learning how to accommodate to such rush is a blessing in disguise. I can start on the important things of life early on with patience. We are nowhere close to being old so we have all the time in the world.
- I get to prove you wrong.
- Getting married young is looked at differently then someone getting married in their thirties and because of this people will have their doubts. Every smile, kiss, and picture representing our happy marriage is just proving every single one of them wrong. Getting married young works and here we are proving you wrong. See you all at our sixtieth anniversary.
The list could go on and on with the more I think about this post.
Getting married young is a thing. It is okay. It is a choice that is made between two people and I can unsure you that your outside comments and doubts will not change their minds. Be supportive and give them the fuel for a long successful marriage.
I know I haven’t been married long but trust me.