I think cheap may be my favorite quality in anything.
& along with cheap, I like easy!
Here is a very cheap & easy DIY mouse pad.
A mouse pad was on my list of things that I needed. There are cheap enough mouse pads out there where I could of just gone out and purchased one but where is the fun in that. So, I made my own chic mouse pad for absolutely no money. This DIY was an upcycle of materials and supplies that I had laying around my house. I encourage you to do the same as you do not need to use the materials that I have listed below.
Get creative and make your own unique mouse pad with this DIY.
- Cardboard Box
- Hot Glue
- An item to use to trace desired shape
- Gather all the supplies. Plug in your hot glue gun.
- Trace the item of your choosing onto the cardboard with your pencil twice. I went OG and used a Pyrex bowl for a simple circle. Having two of the cut outs will make the mouse pad durable and thicker.
- Cut out the shapes out.
- Glue both pieces together.
- Glue the fabric to the shape.
- Place the glue along the side of the shape and press the fabric down onto the glue. This is done so that we do not see the cardboard box.
- Cut the excess fabric that is left over.
Ta daaaa, ya just made a flippin’ mouse pad.
- Instead of fabric you can use scrapbook paper or cardstock.
- Instead of a circle use an interesting shape.
- Instead of a cardboard box you can use cork or popsicle sticks.
What did your mouse pad turn out to look like?